Sunday, 17 July 2011

Calves and Knees

Today I had 2hr training session. My legs are tired for the first time since I started training in April. My knees and calves are bit sore. I'm not in pain but I can almost hear my knees and calves asking me - what was all that bashing all about? My soar legs could be due to number of factors. I ran 110 min last Sunday and 120 min this Sunday. Or it could be my exclusive running on road. The hard surface could be transmitting more shock to my system. I have kept off from any grass surface due to the constant wet weather in Auckland. The course today had some mean uphill. I did a loop means I ran down some mean slopes. The combination of up and down hill could have tested my legs. Whatever the reason, I will have to wait for few days to see how I recover. Good news is the coming week is a  recovery week. That means easy shorter runs. My knees and calves must be happy to know this.

Past two weeks I received additional $180 for the charity. The donation is now almost that elusive four figure.  

I did not update this blog last week. Apologies for that. I have also missed 2 runs of Monday and Friday this week. I had to choose among my priorities and was forced to give up the trainings. We all at times get so occupied with things to do in life. Sorting out our stuffs in life we miss what we like to do or what we should do, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment