Sunday, 5 June 2011

2 Best Running Buddies

What a fantastic sunny morning after what seemed like the whole week of rainy, cold and dark days. Went for 80 min run 6:30AM; feeling fantastic.

As mentioned in my last post, last week (May 23-29) was on recovery mode. Seems it worked; I feel recharged. Most importantly, my body feels recovered. Missed Friday run this week. Life sometimes comes between runs, and that is OK. As the experts say - skipping 25-30% of the scheduled runs are OK as long as you do not miss the long runs.

I want to talk about my two favorite running buddies - Ideas and Music. Yes, music and ideas. I will leave ideas for another post. 

Music helps me distract from the loneliness  of running. Keeps me focused on my work out. I usually listen to either rock music or Nepali fusion instrumental. Ones that frequently score on my play count include - Trikaal (Genius Nepali fusion instrumental) and other Nepali old and new materials, Creedence Clearwater Revival and John Fogerty, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2, The Traveling Wilburys, Dire Straits, Eagles, Pink Floyd and occasionally heavier materials such as Metallica and Megadeth. The music playing, in some way, reflects my mood.

Intend to have a play list of hand-picked personal favourites for the big day. I reckon Keep on Chooglin from CCR is the best for slow pacing. Will definitely use this at the start in my big day play list.

Play list for today was the following from RHCP-
1. By the way
2. Californication
3. Flea's C#@*
4. Fortune Faded
5. Give it away
6. Higher Ground
7. Otherside
8. Road trippin
9. Scar tissue
10. Under the bridge
11. Universally speaking

Ending with this tweet from Stephen Covey yesterday - "What are you doing with your one precious life?"

More in about a week. Take care. Those of you in NZ, have a great long weekend. Drive safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment